We've never had a real professional, paid-for massage in our lives... So we thought, why not?
Josh had a fantastic Thai massage and he so highly recommended it, I decided to get one the day after him. The masseur (Hans) came to our room and casually mentioned that if Josh wanted, he could get a Ba Guan treatment while I was getting my massage. For $7, why not?
Ba Guan is a really popular and ancient Chinese treatment that is used to clean your toxins and get your blood and energy flowing. It's the thing where they take a glass jar, light a piece of cotton or a match and stick it on your back. Lucky, Hans had just the regular plastic ones with a suction pump. It was much easier... and less painful.
It didn't hurt Josh at all. People with lots of toxins will get dark purple spots on their backs. It turns out Josh is a fairly toxin-free guy! He only had one dark spot, as you'll see in the pictures. He did get this mysteriously NASTY side effect though-- water bubbles under the skin. They say it's supposed to go away after a week. But we're not so sure... And we're too scared to pop them!
Enjoy the pictures.
8 comments:
yikes!!!!! those water bubbles look really scarey! do they hurt at all? omg! hehehe. we're so glad to hear that you guys are doing well and having fun. know that you are in our thoughts constantly and we miss you.
The water bubbles look pretty yucky. From afar, it sort of looks like Josh has ringworm all over his back. But I'd probably try it to get rid my toxins. Or not... the water bubbles are a bit scary. I had been reading about massages in my travel book and was considering getting one. Oh, I should find out this week if my visa is approved.
Wow. Those look interesting... !Kinda scary too. hhehe. It was nice hearing you guys laugh and speak during the missions conference.! We miss you guys.!!!
Keep us updated!!!
Broders and sistas in Christ,
noupheng<><
Sick! Those bubbles look gross.
I remember my grandmother used to burn paper inside a baby jar of food and then stick it on our heads to suck out the pain. We'd go to school with a big black circle on our foreheads. LOL!
call home soon. mommy's worried about you guys.
the bubbles look kinda nasty. :) anyhoo, HC3 was fun, as you both have read. Wish you guys were there this year, but there's always next year! who knows, maybe we'd be able to do a real Aurora Band United - all members, old and new!
Hey Josh! I'm gonna write and record some songs and then send them to you! I'm not sure how I'm going to send it but I'll figure out something! Also, wouldn't it be cool if you and learned the piano or accordion and both lead worship with dueling pianos or accordions? That would be awesome! I've got a lot of homework to do but once I get the songs written, I'll send over or put them up on youtube or something. Peace bro! *HI MAI KAO!*
sorry we keep on missing your calls. i'm gonna plug in the phone at home so you guys can try reaching us on that..if not, just keep trying to call the cell phones. (probably mine or xay's, cos mommy usually keeps her phone off for some reason?) anyywho, try calling again whenever you guys have time this week. mommy got real sad when i told her we missed your calls all weekend. (she was talking on the phone with uhm, auntie from california when you tried calling saturday night; and i didn't hear my phone ring when you called sunday morning) anywya, that's all.
Post a Comment