We know how our grandmas feel! You know how they're suspicious and leary of Western doctors and hospitals? Well, I feel the same way about Chinese doctors and hospitals!
#1 Take for example Josh. He hasn't been feeling well, so he finally went to see a doctor at our campus clinic. His tonsils feel a little swollen, and he's had a runny nose and fever. What does he bring home? Penicillin. Penicillin???!!! Nobody eats penicillin for a cold, not-yet-the-flu sickness! He ate it, and it made him worse. I told him, of course! Cause the medicine's alive!!! (right?)
#2 Also, a phenomenon I still don't quite get is the IV drips. When you're sick, Chinese people often get IV drips at the hospital. My students get them. Our friends that have been sick have to get them. I know Chinese teachers that have had to get them. What a terrible go-to treatment everytime you have to visit the doctor!
OK, of course I'm being very general here. Don't get weird ideas about Chinese medicine. Bottom line all I'm saying is, I hope my immune system stays as it has been for the past few years and that I never get sick here.
My favorite meds that just can't seem to be found in China: Vicks vapo rub, Nyquil, and soft Kleenex.
2 comments:
that sounds crazy. it sucks not having your vital meds around when ur sick in a foreign country! and i dont know watsup with the IVs. it's like the common solution for all sickness! we miss you guys dearly and was excited to see all the pictures from sarahs trip. keep on goin! hang in there! God is doing amazing work through your hands!
do you guys want us to send you guys some medicine stuff?
Post a Comment