he has inspired me to start writing again. through all his videos he posts and his passion i've got the bug...God bless you Johan!
so far i have two verses i like that i feel i can share with you all and two choruses i like that i feel are congregational. unfortunately, they are all for different songs! dang it....
i've always had the problem of writing tons of parts and never being able to put the finishing touches on them...either by writing good lyrics with no good melody or vice versa or just not having a compelling enough chorus. but i'm plugging away.
i was doing some random worship surfing on YOUTUBE and found a webcast that has phil wickham himself teaching us to play his worship songs. what an awesome guy! in an age where you have to pay websites to get chords with lyrics from christian sites (b/c of copyright issues and money) we have a guy like Wickham who throws all that aside and gives up his "secrets" selflessly. in the end its about worshipping God. these songs have no copyright, they are all used to glorify Christ, the true owner of worship, and its songs.
hopefully, i'll have some finished goods to post on youtube for you all soon.
josh out.
3 comments:
Hey bro! For a while now I've been struggling with God. I've come to the conclusion that Jesus isn't enough for me. This is something I'm wrestling with. It's tough when you have a wife and children and you can't support or provide for them the way you want. I've been thinking about it a lot. Is Jesus enough for me?
Please pray for me. Whoa to me!
Tais Paiv brought back some really cool stuff. I've been thinking about writing songs too. I think we need more Hmong songs that reveal our struggles with God and even getting to America. The black church has tons of songs that came out during their emancipation. We have nothing to show for those who lived and died crossing the Mekong River. It's ambitious, but I want to write something in Hmong.
I'm putting together a RG Goblin deck. Vexing Shusher is awesome, but it's there to mask the true intentions of the deck. I also have a RB Goblin deck I really enjoy. Everyone is playing five color, RDW, Elves, Faeries, and Kithkins so I like running something outside of the norm. I have an element of surprise due to it.
Peace bro!
hey i hope youre feeling better bro! im glad my husband is helping to inspire you hehe. all he ever does is post and think about what to post next! lol. hes always got like 3 posts pending. miss you guys. -p
Hey Josh and MK!
Just wanted to drop by and let you guys know that we are thinking about you. We hope and pray that things are going well for you guys. We were in MN for Thanksgiving and there was a pastor from the States who who was in China for a couple of years. I forgot his name, but I believe that he and his wife be coming back over there again soon. He showed us many pictures and talked about China. It was interesting and reminded us of you two. We miss you guys!
As you heard, we are engaged and we love it! Will you guys be home by August? It looks like that's the month that we're shooting for...
Tk!
-noutron
Post a Comment