Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Winter here, and food, too.

I think winter is almost over here. These few days, it's been coolish and rainy. Perfect weather Sarah would enjoy. But thankfully, almost the three weeks she was here it never rained! Yes!


And on to food. The other day I went out to dinner with my co-workers . We went to an all you can eat Japanese restaurant. So the rest of this post is devoted to food. Enjoy!

Sea urchin: I liken this stuff to "butter of the sea." It's like butter, very rich and savory tasting? Very fragile. But I can't do toAdd Imageo much of it.

Mackerel sashimi: This stuff if the BOMB! Well, I don't like sashimi too much, but if there is a favoite, I would choose mackerel for it's perfect flavor and texture. (Other assessments: salmon and snapper are OK. Tuna is too pwerful a flavor, scallops too soft, octopus to chewy..)



Sauteed froglegs: See that spread eagle? Like they're ready to jump off the griddle. Sick, huh?





Sarah eating duck tongue. Yeah! I told her I don't like to eat it cause it feels like you're making out with a duck.




3 orders of ramen, please!




Scorpion tea: This was sold at a tea shop, not a medicine shop. These suckers were alive and snapping! There was a huge jar full of scorpions right next to it... but I wanted to be discreet in my picture taking. (fyi: people don't really drink scorpion tea.)









Mmm.... two yummy things, put into one... Ice cream + Burgers





Finally, these are my cookies that I baked for my Christmas cookie exchange. Did I tell you I won 1st place!??? I got a pastry bag/baking set. There were some things in it I don't own, so I was very happy. On the left is a Snowman sugar cookie and on the right are peppermint cookies. (I couldn't stop eating them... But butter is a fickle thing. Butter in China is... not what I'm used to.)
Bye!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Can you burn your pictures onto a CD and give them to Josh to bring to Vern? I'll do the same with the ones I took and give them to Vern to bring to Josh.

Ncuab and Pajntsa said...

awesum maikao! ur cookies are way cute! btw, i missed my cookie exchange party bc i forgot my brother was flyin in to MN that nite. lol. wat a horrible sister i am! miss u guys!

Ncuab and Pajntsa said...

thank u thank u thank u thank u thank u thank u thank for ur gifts! johan loves his headband, it's totally fitting for his personality. haha. and i LOVE my chopsticks set that says "i am a super-star" cuz i really am! hahahaha, jk. thanks guys! we love u!