Thursday, February 11, 2010

Question

Sometimes I think to myself, is Jesus really the real deal? I have no doubt about the existence of God. None whatsoever. Not a blip. But sometimes I think about faith and how crazy Christianity really is. Jesus, son of God, virgin birth, sinless, dead and raised again. Doesn't that sound like a wacko?

Josh and I had a nice talk the other day. He asked me, Is this what Jesus really wants? I think he was mainly refering to the modern church. I like to call it, 'playing church.' I think the term can be offensive, so I don't ever say it alot. But sometimes, I think a lot of us Christians play church. Like playing house when you were little, only now we are all adults at church.

The disciples were just people, too. And they helped build up the church. But when Jesus was around, there wasn't a church. So that goes back to Josh's question, Is this what Jesus really wants?

What comes to my mind is this: Mother Teresa. She was not a perfect woman by any means, and I definitely don't know what she really thought or felt or believed in her heart, but she lived a life loving and living a life after Christ. When I think about what the church should be, I think about her.

That's what we think about these days. The purpose of the church. The purpose of our lives. Heavy stuff, huh?

1 comment:

Ncuab and Pajntsa said...

yes, this is pretty heavy stuff. the other day i heard some guy talk about how he can't believe that the story of jonah and the whale was real. since we grew up with all the stories, we never really think about how crazy it is, but yes! a man was swallowed by a whale! =) hehe. christianity is pretty crazy. but its rewarding having Jesus as our Savior, dont u think? =)