Only a week has passed, but it's hard to believe that the ladies have gone home already! We were blessed to have 3 of Sarah's friends (our friends, too, but much closer to her) visit us for the majority of November. To summarize, the one thing we probably did the most was... WALK! I know Sarah warned them in advance to bring a good pair of shoes, and if not prep by getting out and walking a bit more than usual, but I bet they still weren't prepared for the sheer amount that we actually did.
There will definitely a lot of eating (we don't normally eat out so much, but you don't come to Shanghai to eat either Sarah's or my home cooking, that's for sure!) Lots of shopping, primarily for the ladies' friends and family. And of course, exploring all the craziness China has to offers.
Highlights and lowlights include:
- Visiting Suzhou: riding a canal boat, exploring the garden, and taking LOTS of pictures
- All you can eat Japanese buffet (sashimi, sashimi, sashimi!!!)
- Messing up on purchasing the train tickets, not once, but twice! The first time, I didn't check carefully to see where the departing station was, and subsequently the ladies missed their train. So sad! The second time, I didn't confirm the destination station, so we arrived in the wrong place and had to backtrack. Lesson learned.
- Hearing the crazy Beijing trip the ladies had. You'll have to ask them for details. Let's just say, I would never hope for what happened to them to ever happen to you here!
- Winning Shouayee over with Beijing duck. YUM.
- Exploring the fabric market.
- Having reciprocated enthusiasm about KFC with rice.
- Sharing our church and worshiping with friends.
- The sticker stores. (Sorry I bailed on the 3rd trip. I just didn't have it in me anymore.)
- Warm sunny weather, but too much smog.
- Listening to "The Voice" in the background as Shouayee and Hills caught up
- Hearing Sarah's laughter. Our house was much warmed with more people here.
No comments:
Post a Comment