on saturday morning i am trying out for our church's worship team. i hope i'm a good fit for what God wants to do in Shanghai. i'm pretty excited. you all know me well, worship is what i love doing.
our house is 75% done furnished. i used to hate watching all those home furnishing tv shows but now i have to admit...i'm one of those house furnishing psychos! its true...i care tons about how my abode looks. its one of those things that i've found out about myself in shanghai.
Mai kao and i are doing great! we've been together for over 3 years now, but we have never been alone and by ourselves with only ourselves. this experience overseas has really glued our relationship together tight. we have always loved each other unconditionally and been wholly devoted to each other, but in this phase in our life, God has really taught us how to like each other and depend on each other fully. i love being her husband and taking care of her. i love it that there is no one else here who will watch out for her, and i am all that she's got. i would say it is the say on her side too. its pretty cool man.
about the presidency. from what i've heard it has been very grueling for our friends back at home and for the US. i am glad that its over, regardless of who won. mostly, i am glad that we all know that regardless of who is the PREZ, they need our prayers and that at the center of who we are is Christ, not our political views. God is sovereign, and this is who he has chosen for our nation in these times. HE is in control, so no worries man.
Johan, congrats on doing well at TNM. if i was IL i would be worried. MN is tearing it up and all i've heard is nothing from the IL front as far as mtg goes. right now i'm working on a RIver Kelpie deck. it will be arriving with Sarah next week so i'm pumped. i want to see how it interacts with Cruel Ultimatum. i'll let you know how it works out. right now i'm pretty bored of my decks here. my RDW shaman build is still tearing my other decks apart. i'm a still convinced that somehow the Enchanted Evening/Patrician's Scorn combo can be Tier One. it is missing one or two cards that makes it gel. maybe its already out there, but i havent found it. i spent the whole day at work thinking about how i can make it stronger...
okay, enough talk. drop a phone call in sometime, or just a small reply to our messages gets us totally pumped. its a far ways from home and whenever we get news from home, it genuinely excites us.
Congrats to Pheng and Nou. you guys will love marriage, its super awesome.
josh out.
12 comments:
awesome dude! hope you make it onto the team!!
d.X.
also, evening scorn phased out w/ time spiral shift. yeah i know, sad.
hi guys, we just got skype too. what's your screen name? mine is maoher80. give me a call when you get a chance. do you have a camera? take care. ~mao
good luck on tryouts! i have been trying to talk johan into teaching in korea after we graduate. who knows where God will lead us, but we know He has awesome plans for us! also maikao, i am still contemplating an m.l.s. plz pray for me, sumtimes i wonder why im in law school at all! God bless, we love you guys, p
yesssss i love bball. i can't play, but i love to watch and keep up with it. =P trying to get johan out to some games this winter, we'll see if he goes haha. might have to entice him with some hotdogs and slurpies! let's go when u guys come back!
we miss u guys! wish we could come with paiv. have fun!
p.s. we are all moved into aurora! yay.
TD xay
i hope you make the worship team too! too bad you don't have your gear.
I'm working on a type 2 Scarecrow control/kill deck. It's way faster than the type 1 it used to be.
hi guys! Josh...we truly miss you leading worship! we pray you make the team at church! mk - i miss and love you. i've been praying for you in more ways than you know. i'll have to call you sometime to chat. jimmy we're doing good. he officially gets to be youth pastor come january. pastor said as long as he's started the accrediation process, then Jimmy can start at church and get paid. it came at the perfect time because jimmy's grant at world relief is ending so God found a perfect flexible job for him at the perfect time! we really miss you. it's not the same but we're so happy that God is using this time for both of you to experience something so different and helping you two grow so much closer together! enjoy sarah's visit! wish we could afford to come and visit! take care and love you both!
judy & jimmy
wow, havn't read your guys' blogs in awhile.. so i just took the time to read and skim through all of the previous ones. nice! seems like you both have been having loads of fun and have been pretty busy huh? sounds good. well, i'm glad you two are living it okay over there. well! i guess that's all. mai kao, the wavy perm looks cute! and i miss your worship josh! take good cares~ :)
Very nice bro! I hope you get on the team. Did you remember to tell them that you can play a mean cowbell?
Yeah, It's been fun playing Quick 'n Toast. I like it because of two main reasons: it's 5-color, which is my new thing and it's full of "silver bullets." It really makes you think as you play because you know you have a solution to the problem, you just need to know how to survive long enough and or how to get it. My toughest matchup isn't aggro. I can handle almost anything with creatures, I can even handle RDW. My toughest matchup is against Fae and other control decks. River Kelpie is really tough for me because they make me discard like crazy while they build up a hand. Anyways, hope Sarah and you guys have fun together in China!
How's the weather there? It's cold here. I mean bitter cold. I hate waking up in the morning to nothing but cold.
We've been bowling a ton. Dlaab Blong and Dlaab Peter are good bowlers too. I scored my high last night with a 187. I should have scored over 200, but I left the 7th and 8th frames open. Stupid! Dlaab Blong put up a 193. He was so close. Dlaab Laj got a 207 last week. Crazy!
We went to FNM last Friday and I finished third. I was so shocked. I got lucky though because I played Vernie and Dlaab Peter and both had mana issues. I play Goblin Assault, Siege-Gang Commander, and Torrent of Souls. I also have tons of direct damage, but mostly use it to remove creatures so I can attack and direct damage my opponent. I love playing Caldera Hellion. I normally can devour four creatures.
I'm also making a red, shooter deck with Lightning Crafter and Thousand-Year Elixir. It's just for fun and probably won't do too well, but I like it.
Have fun with Tais Paiv. The kids miss her. Oh, we got Grace's school pictures in yesterday.
God bless!
Kithkin does 50/50 against Faeries because of Stillmoon Cavalier and Spectral Procession. White has a lot of life gain and first strike which is tough against Fae. Plus Reveillark does well after a Wrath.
Post a Comment