Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Mai Kao Post!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted. Sorry to everyone else who has to suffer through Josh's posts about his hobbies!

It's already Christmas, and I'm so happy because my students know that Christmas celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ. If there's one thing I'm thankful for, it's that I can freely and openly say that in class, and there is no offense taken or feelings of exclusiveness. Most of the kids actually are interested about learning the story of Jesus' birth, and understand the symbols that they see now!

I always like Christmas because it begins my favorite part of the Christian calender... going from Christmas to Lent to Easter/ the Resurrection.

Last week in church, the whole service was a Christmas play put on by other members of the church... adults, kids, and youth. It wasn't great, but it definitly was inspiring. You guys should go to another church near you (if your church doesn't have one) and watch a Christmas play. It'll remind you again of how great Christmas is. Jesus is real! And even non-Christians celebrate Christmas...! Even if it's for not the true reason, I don't care. There is still hope that someday, they will understand the true meaning of it all.

Have a good weekend, friends!

1 comment:

www.isiahxiong.com said...

Merry Christmas Guys! the house is empty, but I'm glad you guys are out there.