Sunday, May 3, 2009

About food!

I like seaweed.

Conclusion: I think I've moved on to the next level of Asianess (as a Hmong person.)

The first time I ate seaweed, I was in 4th grade. We were studying culture or something, and everyone had to bring in a dish from around the world. (Typically, I brought in eggrolls.) But Justin brought in sushi. I took one bite of the stuff, gagged, did the almost-throw-up-thing, then spit it in to my hand and hid the chewed up chunk in my desk.

Fast forward 19 years and here I am. Seaweed in soup, seaweed in salads, seaweed sheets on the side to each with my rice, seaweed crackers, seaweed rice sprinkles. I even bought seaweed at the store the other day to try to cook myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i appreciate it, and sometimes crave it, it's weird. but at the same time, it also reminds me of rotted ocean.