Monday, June 1, 2009

Super doses

When it rains, it pours!

RAIN:
I made quite a yummy chili the other night. After one spoon, he said, "Does your food taste funny?" I kept eating... no it didn't. It was acutually pretty yummy. So he started trying the other dishes, and he said they seemed to taste good, but to him it was really bad. I got him a new spoon, but he said it was still bad.

I was like, "Alright!" I took his spoon and gulped a big mouthful of his chili and WHAT THE..?!!?? Of course his food tasted bad! It tasted like a whole lot of DISH SOAP!

Have you ever really taken a spoon of dish soap? DON'T. I think it's gotta be some of worst stuff in the whole wide world. I was throwing up in the sink, while Josh was in the bathroom gagging and washing his mouth out. It's terrible because the soapy taste stays!

Funny thing is, couldn't Josh tell it was soapy? How could he even eat more than one spoon? Crazy guy!

It was strange, because I swore the bowl was clean and dry. It wasn't till the day after that I was getting ready for dinner again. I grabbed a bowl from our shelve and put some squash in it. Then I was confused. The whole bottom of the bowl felt greasy. In short, there was a puddle of dish soap in our cabinet, where we store our clean, dry dishes! How it got there, only the ghosts know...

POUR:

I remember how we prayed that God would give Josh the opportunity to serve in the church. As we get ready to leave, so many needs have come up in the house of prayer. That basically comes down to meaning that Josh is leading worship in prayer twice each week till we leave.

They also asked him to lead service, but he had to decline. Sometimes it's hard to encourage Josh, because I don't what it's like to lead worship. I also don't know what it's like to play the guitar for over an hour straight, and then some. I think God is really refining Josh right now. He's giving Josh a new perspective of serving in a church, and leading his people, and I'm thankful for that. Not living around a strong, supportive Christian community has changed me because I've been around the church my whole life. I think I'm seeing who I really am, and God is really testing both of our faithfulness.

1 comment:

sleicnodnad said...

Hola amigos! Tubter has been calling people his amigos lately. I'm not sure where he gets it from. Maybe it's because he's been watching tons of Dragon Tales.

We're planning on renting a home. Our goal is to be out by June 30th. It's just time. Plus, this you guys a place to stay when you visit Minnesota. I figure 75% of your family is up here, and the more kids we have the higher that percentage goes up.

I haven't played Magic in a long time. It's true what Johan says. Getting back into it is fun. I forget how challenging and exciting it can be. I'm not going to post decklists anymore. I think that killed me during our tournament.

I'm selling all my guitar gear. That includes my Epiphone Les Paul, DD-6, NS-2, EH-2, Jekyll & Hyde, Tap Tremolo, and Vox Wah. Did you want your Wah Pedal back? I think we traded back in the day.

We're praying for you guys. Have a safe next three weeks.