Well, at least it feels like a while since I've posted. As I'm sure we're not the only ones, I have to say we've been busy like crazy! Reviewing, giving tests, grading tests, and reports, reports, reports!
The weird thing is this. We have to work all day this Saturday and Sunday. We have school. And so do the kids. They ride the bus, and come to school on Saturday as if it were Monday. And Sunday is treated like a Tuesday.
This is the rationale: technically, we aren't supposed to get all of next week off. Technically, we're only supposed to be on vacation Wed-Fri because the Chinese National Holiday aka "Golden Week" is October 1. (Wed. is Oct. 1) Every working person is supposed to get 3 days holiday pay and rest.
Because everybody wants to have a full week of vacation for convenience's sake, we "get Monday and Tuesday off" for working on Saturday and Sunday. Then the 3 vacation days.
Does that make sense?
Sure it does. But to an American, all you can think is, "Everybody has to go to school on Saturday and Sunday. What the heck?!!?? That's SO WEIRD. This would never work in America. Ever."
I'll try to post up new pictures after tomorrow. I change them all the time instead of leave them on my Flickr account because I only have a basic account. I max out my 100 MB limit with n15 pictures at most.
Tomorrow night, we're going to an acrobat show. I mean, the most well know acrobat shows are from Shanghai and all! I've already been to one here before, but Josh hasn't. So I hope he has loads of fun!
HiYa! Chop! Have a good day, friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment