- Living without a dryer. Air drying sheets is swell with me. But man, after only 2 weeks, I miss soft, warm, Bounce-fresh clothes.
- Toilets with minimal water. [Normal in-the-floor Chinese toilet is below.] I'm not ungrateful, cause we have a western-style toilet! But the toilet has only 2 cups of water. (versus the half full toilets at home.) When you poop, it's like... all over the inside of the porcelain bowl. Do you get it? Sick, huh? I find myself cleaning the toilet at least every other day, for obvious reasons. (I live with a Xiong.) The only plus, water will never splash back on your booty.

- Paper towels in bathrooms. Let me take that back. Cause there are no paper towels in bathrooms. Usually, I don't even use paper towels. But what gets me is that on our campus, instead of paper towels next to the sink, there's toilet paper! I mean, it's in a dispenser and all. Have you ever tried drying your hands with 1-ply toilet paper? It's very odd. And it sticks to your hands.
Josh has been sick with the Shanghai flu, and he is much better now than he was 2 days ago. We were given some advice by an expat teacher, though. It's called, the "Coke-a-day diet." This co-worker swears by this diet. He says there's something in Coke that cleans out your system, so you never get sick. The only days he's ever gotten sick, in the years he's lived here, has been during the periods of time when he didn't drink Coke. True story. Now, I am sitting with a bottle of Coke Zero right next to me. I've yet to be sick. Don't try this at home, kids. Our theory is that it only works in China.
Have a great day at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment