Sunday, September 13, 2009

JJO ending

Jungle Jump Off was a wonderful experience, and I hope we can continue to keep ties with our Wycliffe friends as long and best as we can. It's too bad no one else will ever get a chance again to have it, like we did.

Everyone that's been to JJO, can you plan on going to that closing event the first weekend of October? It would be so meaningful to everyone, even especially Uncle Ed and Melissa. I wish we could be there, but we can't. It's a little far away, after all.

2 comments:

sleicnodnad said...

Here's a deck I've been working on. My win condition is Liliana Vess or picking away at my opponent. It has a lot of disruption, but it doesn't do much of anything else.

Creatures:
Viscera Dragger (4)
Gravedigger (4)
Kathari Remnant (4)
Architects of Will (4)

Planeswalkers:
Liliana Vess (2)

Instants/Sorceries:
Deny Reality (3)
Traumatic Visions (3)
Grixis Charm (4)
Resounding Wave (4)
Soul Manipulation (4)

Land:
Dragonskull Summit (3)
Drowned Catacombs (3)
Glacial Fortress (4)
Crumbling Necropolis (3)
Teramorphic Expanse (3)
Mountain (1)
Island (4)
Swamp (3)

The perfect setup is turn three Resounding Wave or Grixis Charm and then turn four Kathari Remnant into a Resounding Wave or Grixis Charm. That takes them back two rounds. If they don't get the third land drop then I can cruise. Turn five is either Deny Reality or Liliana Vess depending on the situation. I just don't want to Cascade into Soul Manipulation. That hurts the most. Hopefully I can Cycle Viscera Draggers or Architects of Will turn one or turn two. I can also play Achitects of Will turn five and look at my opponent's top three cards. I can give them something that's too difficult to cast or more lands. Maybe I should put one more Liliana Vess in my deck.

Dab Tsav gave me two Nemesis of Reason so that could be another win condition. I could take out one Deny Reality and one Traumatic Visions.

What do you think?

sleicnodnad said...

Oh, I'm also going to exchange Crumbling Necropolis for Arcane Sanctum. I'm anxious to see what Zendikar has to offer. I hope they bring back Boomerang. That'd be super deadly.