I don't feel like going down stairs to take a picture of it, since Josh is sleeping and it'd be funner to see him on it. So here is generally what Josh's bike looks like:

It's a small, fold-in-half, city bike. Josh was like, in love with it at first sight. I battled and we got it for just under $75. I was such a chicken because the bike guy was so mad that I showed them our empty wallet (Game plan: I would only spend 1000 yuan on 2 bikes, no more no less. So show them that I cannot pay anymore cause that's all the $ we've got!)
But in the end, we left with both parties smiling. I hope I got some of his respect for fighting for the prices. Good deal, huh? We got bike locks, a basket, and a bungee cord for books as well thrown in. I am contemplating buying these as gifts for some of the the close brothers, because of the ridiculous price. Josh tried to get me to buy a similar one, but I just wanted a regular bike with a basket and one that wouldn't get stolen. I think I'll buy one for myself before we leave China, and bring it back home new.
It's very scary for me to ride a bike on Chinese streets. I'm paranoid regularly, fearing for my life. It gets easier though. Now that we've got bikes, there's no going back. It is a lot of fun to cruise our campus on bikes.
After bike shopping, we went to lunch.
A very funny thing happened.
We walked in the restaurant and we were like, "hello?" Out comes the cook, who had just washed her face in the bathroom/closet. Water was dripping EVERYWHERE. She directs us to our table, still wet, then proceeds to wipe her face with the table cloth right next to our table. And walks back to the kitchen. Me and Josh looked at each other and were like, "What the..?!? Did she just do that? Geu would flip!"
No comments:
Post a Comment