These are the things that I still just can't get used to in this place:
5. Ankle nylons: Young women wear ankle-high nylon socks while wearing shorts or shirts. They wear them with flip-flops, dress shoes, and sandals. It's too Mommy-like FOB for me.
4. Funny smells: You're taking a beautiful, peaceful, nice walk and then BAM! An offensive smell coming from you-don't-know-where hits you. Let me tell you: It kills a mood real fast.
3. Cutting & invasion of personal space: Waiting in line at the grocery store, sometimes the people behind you try to cut you. They try to pass you so you have to block the lane. Or they stand REAL, REAL close right behind you. You know how in America, if the person behind you has 2 things to buy while you have a cart full of stuff, you would be considerate and let them go ahead of you? Well, I'd never do that here. Josh would probably laugh/tshev me if I did. Sad, but so true.
2.Hocking: People spit left a right, indoors and outdoors. They'll do it on the floor, waiting for the subway car. My third graders do it in the garbage can in class. It's sick because an 8-year-old is hacking loogies like my old uncle!
1. Public urinating: The other day, we were riding in a taxi by our house and in an alarmingly natural way I said to Josh, "Hey. There's a guy peeing through the fence." SICK!
3 comments:
Hope things are well. I'm glad football is here. Last night was our second Bible study meeting. Good stuff!
Please pray for us.
Only Indians cut here.
stinky smells are bad. u just never get used to them no matter how long u live there hehe. even when we went to nyc, as soon as i got out of the taxi, i was like "yuck!"
Post a Comment