Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Destiny

I've met someone right up my alley... and I'm excited!

We had a great talk with someone from our church who is building library media centers in Sichuan province, where the earthquake hit 2 yrs ago. They went in bringing a few books here and there, and thought that would be fine, but opportunities to partner with the people and place have been blessed and opened... There is a place and people are open to [Christians] helping and even the funds are there, but not people who know how to train, buy material, and develop educational spaces! I call this destiny because the place is called BaoBaoXiong... the same Xiong that's used for our last name (Xiong is Chinese means 'bear'.)

It's nothing really, but I'm happy because I've been looking for opportunities to really serve and use what I know and love. I've also been looking at short term missions trips since Josh will be in San Diego during the Chinese New Years, we I don't know if that will lead anywhere.

Don't you feel great that you know God? And thankful and amazed and happy?

Go JC!

4 comments:

Ncuab and Pajntsa said...

thats so awesum mai kao! thats amazing. wow. have you ever heard of Room to Read? i love this organization, i want to volunteer for them once i finish up schooling. john woods, an exec at microsoft, quit his job and started this org. its so awesum, u gotta check it out. ull love it too. miss u guys!

Ncuab and Pajntsa said...

Was the $20 Amazing Fruit Cup an amazing $20 cup of fruit or was just a cup of fruit?

Ncuab and Pajntsa said...

Now that Worlds is done, I still feel like Jund is still the best deck, maybe the only Tier 1 deck in the format. I feel like it dominance was stronger than Faeries, because at least Fae had 5CC to deal with. There is Naya Lightsaber and it seems like control decks are starting to be less scared of Jund, but I still feel like Jund is the best deck.

TD Xay said...

coolS! sooo cool.

anyway, im just glad you found an opportunity to serve!

today I read books to Jonah before bedtime. his eyes followed the print and illustrations from left to right. i sang him to sleep and now he's sleeping in between mommy n daddy. aw cutes.

miss you guys. thanksgiving has been pretty slowww and awesome for our family just because Maxwell was born on Thanksgiving Day! we're eating tomorrow! wish u were here with us...

Alright then. night night.

TD Xay