Monday, November 2, 2009

Magic Talk- by Mai Kao

To congratulate Mr. Xiong on his win, I devote this post to his favorite hobby right now.

1. I figure this must be his destiny, because the San Diego Pro Tour starts 1-2 days after the Chinese New Year. That means we'll be on our 3-week vacation anyway, so Josh doesn't even need to take vacation time to go.

2. He could have chosen to take a $375 cash-prize or a free plane ticket to San Diego. He chose the latter, which I guess is the better prize, since it's value is like over, $1200.

3. So he asks me if this win validates his game playing and money spending. I guess so. But since I'm a girl, I'm still thinking, Well, you only won once! Big deal. Girls are so evil and selfish, I know! Sorry guys.

4. Josh says the guy says his DCI points should go up like 200 points. I think that's great!

5. I told him to open his box that he won and sell the cards he doesn't need and give me the money, since he's been spending $ on cards like a crazy man lately.

6. We were thinking of like, going to Malaysia or something for the Chinese New Year. Aww, man! I don't think I want to go to San Diego with Josh. OK, let's be honest. I don't want to go or drop the money. So now what to do... what to do... ?

In the end though, I'm very proud of Josh. Like he says, it's the deck and the pilot that wins. He made some new friends, brought home some bacon, and he beat the CHinese National Champion. That's my Doodle!

7 comments:

heidi said...

Portland is a good place to come if you dont want to go to San Diego!!!

Ncuab and Pajntsa said...

awww, i totally get you. johans been spending money like crazy and it doesn't look like it'll cease any time soon. we need to save money cuz we're going to florida for thanksgiving, but i think since josh is going to san diego now, johan wants to spend more money on his deck so he could try to win and go too. guys are crazy aren't they? well, if you dont go to san diego, wat do you think you'll do? wouldn't want anything to happen to you, so make sure it's safe wherever you go! miss you much. -pj

Ncuab and Pajntsa said...

also, i dont think ive said this yet, so: congratulations josh! u rock! i have you to thank for my husband going crazy! hahaha jk.

TDxay said...

eeeeeeeeeekkkk!
CONGRATS> awesome. when i heard, I just about cried! hehe. im so proud of you too Josh. Xay went to a competition the same day. He was soo thrilled about your win. He wants to go to San Diego too! man.... Im just rooting him on! ;):) Alright, we miss u guys!

Love you!

TD Xay

sleicnodnad said...

I just wanted to let you know that we're thinking and praying for you guys. Life has been hard the past few days and especially with sick monkeys. It's tough, but I'm asking myself, "What does God want me to take from this?"

Congrats again Dlaab Josh. You are a rockstar!

Unknown said...

Love you bro! Always knew you could win it all, and guess what! You did! I'm so proud of you man! You now have a ranking of 1780.

Paiv said...

Congrats on the win, Josh. I really mean it. It finally paid off. All those long nights of playing you guys put your wives through. But this win may have started in a monster in all the guys and they will be trying to get to San Diego to play you. TD, You can always skip out on Brodes and come home.