I'm feeling a little blue right now. I was supposed to call my mom this morning, but then Skype was acting really funny. It could be my computer. It could be the Great Firewall of China. Or it could be me and something I did. I kind of missed my window of opportunity, so I'll just have to try again tomorrow.
All my life, I've never been really close to my mom. I resented her and even cursed her in my heart through out my teenage years. I'm so sorry about it now. I was pretty dumb back then.
As I get older, I realize how much I love her and I want to be just like her.
I love my mom-in-law too, but I don't think I could be like her. I sometimes think He will make me like Ruth, in caring for my mom-in-law. If that's so, I can only imagine how awesome my life will be in my growth and knowledge and faith.
Mornings are the hardest for me. It hasn't even been a week. But I still wake up before the sunrises. And in all this quietness, I take time to talk to God now. Or at least I try. And I think about home and the things I love. And I hope that this teaching thing is not like... an end in itself. That it'll only be a means to get His work done. Thinkin' about you all. :0)
1 comment:
man, we miss you guys so much! i love reading the updates so please keep them coming. i read all of them in one sitting tonite. :) johan and i started school already, but it's been a bit lonely here with our family gone. things are definitely different. we are so excited for what God is doing out there for you guys. right now you guys are doing all the experimenting and experiencing, but once you start to feel comfortable and know your way around, boy you guys are going to have sooooooo much fun! i am so jealous! hehe. dont be surprised if you guys see monkeys on the streets. i was in shenzhen, china and yeah, i saw monkeys! i totally get what you're saying about your mom. i used to have a horrible relationship with my mom in the past when i big time rebelled, but now i want to be just like her. the things you learn when you "grow up" huh? maikao, that bruise was HUMONGO! omg, that was pretty ridiculous. love, johan and pajjar
Post a Comment