Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Sad Easter

Today, the thought of being away from home for Easter is so incredibly overwhelming me. God, help me to feel not so sad today.

It's been a slow, quiet simmer. But I've been in mourning for the past few months now. I think about my childhood and how awesome it was. We were poor, but we were a happy family.

I'm mourning because things change. I'm sure this is a feeling we all get at about this age.

As I say this, I am hopeful. Like Luke Wood's song goes, "And like the sun after all the of rain's gone, the morning without any cloud comes..."

Josh and I hope your Easter is meaningful. :0)

2 comments:

Your TD xay said...

good evening my dearests:

I miss u guys so much.

happy easter. here's an update about today:

we had a wonderful wonderful wonderful Holy-Spirit filled sunday at church and a most awesome Good Friday led by the youth on Friday night....

today geu & the guys played: "mighty to save ", "shout unto God", "amazing grace" and "crucified" for worship. I felt two things: The Holy Spirit filling up our church and (2) I missed you guys like crazy. We stood right where you always stand and I wept tears of "missing mej"..

the house is full at sam and geu's and nhia and linda are visiting as well. all the guys are playing poker and getting the usual "dr.ho" consequence..

I love you guys and wish you were here. you are in our thoughts and our hearts, prayers forever...

we will be attending wayne's funeral this weekend.. *sigh* the whole family will be home.


Blessings to Mej,

T.D. xay

Ncuab and Pajntsa said...

Jesus has conquered the grave! He is so great and holy. i know times must be hard on occasions like these, but entrust your sorrows to Him and He will turn them into joy for His glory. we love you guys. -johan and pajjar