Thursday, November 5, 2009

Things to improve

When we have kids, I'm going to try to be strict on them in these areas because now that I'm older, I wish I would have taken care of myself better when I was younger so I don't have to suffer now:

1. Teeth: Brushing teeth, cavities, eating candy, you name it. I'm starting to have teeth problems now at only 29 and if they'll even last me the rest of my life (however long that will be.)

2. Scrubbing in those unseen places: You know what I'm talking about. Like the armpits and behind the ears and inside your belly button. If you don't take care of these places as a kid, all the srubbing as an adult won't make the caked up kauv go away!

3. Learning: I'm going to try my best to teach our kids. The Hmong parents of our generation left all the teaching to our public school teachers. This makes sense, because probably 99% of them never learned algebra in 7th grade anyway, so they couldn't help us if they wanted. Being a teacher myself though, I see that teachers play only a minor role in a child's education and learning. It's my hope that our kids know a lot things (facts in the brain) and that Josh can help them be able to think critically (using this facts.) We really want them to have a rounded, world-wide view and understanding of life & God's creation.

These days, as we get older, life goes from great to the worst to good to not-so-bad so quickly. We think about everyone at home often. There seems to be so many struggles these days. We're not sure what to even say or do... Our course Josh and my easy answer is this: Hey, come to China. You won't regret it!

We look forward with hope and faith and prayers for this season of hardship to pass for everyone we love. We look forward to the new babies coming soon in the family, forward to Advent and Christmas season, forward to hear your praises about worship, church, and fellowship.

p.s. (this is josh speaking now)
check out this weblink and scroll to the bottom.

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Events.aspx?x=mtgcom/protour/sandiego10-invitations

BOOYAH!!!

1 comment:

nhia & linda said...

Linda is pregnant. she's about 5 months. keep us in your prayers. hopefully we'll find out the gender this wednesday. keep updating.