Thursday, April 30, 2009

State of the Union

Church life has been picking up here in Shanghai. I've been super busy leading worship for the church and especially the House of Prayer. it's been a major blessing to lead worship for the SHOP. those of you who have lead worship before might feel the same way. when you finish leading worship, you are just completely wiped out...i mean, blanked in all ways, emotionally, physically and even spiritually many times. (depending on the culture of the Spirit - i just made that term up, copyright.$$$$)

BUT whenever i lead worship for SHOP, as i always tell Mai Kao, i come away blessed and filled with the Spirit. the closest form of worship to that which we will one day have in heaven is one that is Prayerful. when the people of God learn that worship/prayer go hand in hand the culture of the Spirit (in your particular gathering) will change from one boredome (lets face it, many of us are extremely bored of attending church, b/c well frankly put, its boring, God is not moving!) and going through the motions to one of service, to one of exhililaration, being blessed and seeing and hearing the Living God move. dont get me wrong, there are times when i dont want to go, but God always shows me i was wrong. He is so good. Amen?

Life at school...

teaching has become really fun. Mai Kao has always been an educator of sorts, but myself? not so much really. I finally feel as if i am able to control a class. I can stretch a lesson plan out if i need the time or i can come up with cool games on the fly if need be. its a fun and challenging job. if you love relationships and young people teaching is where its at.

Mai Kao and I...

You all need not worry about Mai Kao and I. We are doing well...actually, to be honest, we have never been better relationshipwise in our short time together. I love kissing her goodnight and coming home to a big hug. i love walking the streets of Shanghai talking to my best friend about anything candidly. I love that she spurs me on towards being a passionate lover of God. Man, God is truly good.

sometimes i look at my life and realize that i have it so much better than other people in this life. lately, i have not been taking that for granted. God has been putting a heavy burdon on our hearts to serve him in ways that demand more from us...in fact, demand all of us for little or nothing in return. we wont reveal yet what this is, as we are still awaiting word from the Big guy if this is really what he wants us to do. But i mean this is bring tears to your eyes heavy (in a good way of course).

I had a dream once where i saw a picture of two starving children in Africa and in that dream i fell to my knees and started travailing for the children of Africa...i started crying uncontrollable because God had shown me his heart for these people and showed me how much his people are hurting, both physically and spiritually. later on in that dream i told God that i would do anything for him and so in that dream God tells me to jump off my balcony...so what do i do? i listen to Him of course, and when i do i find that im not falling but FLYING! how cool is that? i dont know what that means, but it was an amazing feeling.

anyway, its getting long and so i'll let you all go...more to come later.

josh out.

5 comments:

sleicnodnad said...

I miss seeing you guys.

Whenever it's my turn to lead worship I get really nervous. Honestly, I am terrified. Not many people know it because I play it off. Inside, I'm twisting and turning like mad. I'm not naturally gifted at music or playing guitar. I admire guys like you, Johan, and Jake. You guys just look so cool and natural. I have to really work at it. The benefits are awesome though. I always get more out of worship than I put in.

Linda and I are doing really well too. We've been attending seminars like crazy. The tough part is putting things we've learned into practice. I posted this a bit on Xanga too, but the great thing about having a spouse is sharing throughts, ideas, views, and opinions openly without that person taking it personally. I think that's one awesome gift God gives us in a spouse. We won't be judged or critcized for sharing who we are to that person. Others may take things out of context because they don't hear us. They don't know how we are and how we live each day.

I pray for you guys.

Anonymous said...

hi maikao. i got your letters. how should i send them back to you? email me: maoher80@gmail.com

Ncuab and Pajntsa said...

that sounds like such an awesome dream. im very excited to see what God has in store for you and maikao. i think it will be pretty COOL... =) johan and i will be in prayer for Gods guidance...He is good.

Unknown said...

my advice... do it.

pf said...

great post.